Dr. Carlin Vickery Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carlin Vickery?

Happy UES mom

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

Dr. Vickery is a dream. I was referred by Dr. Port at the Dubin Center and met her the day after I was diagnosed with DCIS. A bit dazed while processing the surreal concept that 1) I was a breast cancer patient and 2) was in a plastic surgeon’s office, Dr. Vickery immediately put me at ease during the consultation. She engaged me with her warm personal presence (reminding me of an admired friend Bonnie), intellectual firepower, and beautiful aesthetic outcomes (very natural) across a wide diversity of cases, all of which made my choice much easier to make. Reassured, I remarked to my husband that she's the "Bonnie of boobs!" and knew that mastectomy / reconstruction would be the best option for me. Dr. Vickery together with Dr. Port are world-class surgeons who also have a truly healing touch. At the imposing Mt. Sinai, I felt truly cared for as they prepped me for the emotionally and physically challenging process. After surgery, I was pleased to find that the expander provided me with some shape immediately and looked forward to regular visits with Dr. Vickery for upsizing. Over the ensuing year, I had the exchange surgery + augmentation (in the office surgical facility), nipple sharing surgery and an areolar tattoo. Toward the end of the journey, feeling transformed, I wondered why I was almost glad about the experience as I was treated for cancer after all. She smiled and replied that it is a "clarifying" life event. How true. I joked that I now needed a small dog and convertible to go with my implants and tattoo. Incredibly enough, I got those too I would never have guessed this kind of “mid-life crisis” would be the catalyst to appreciating and enjoying my blessings as never before.

Flawless breast reduction

Posted on February 27th, 2016

After graduating from college with lower back pain from the size of my breasts, I considered a breast reduction to ease the pain and restore my ability to be active. I understood that getting a breast reduction is not a small undertaking but after speaking with Dr. Vickery about my candidacy and about the outcomes that her other patients had experienced, I felt I was in the right hands and that it would be a huge life improvement to go through with the surgery. The surgery was undertaken in Dr. Vickery's inviting and intimate office, and I spent the rest of the day and night recuperating with the kindest and most attentive nurse I ever could have wished for. After going back to see Dr. Vickery for a few follow-up appointments she pronounced that my scars were nearly invisible and indeed, she executed the breast reduction so flawlessly that it's basically impossible to tell that I ever had the surgery. Moreover, every day when I set out for my run or when I get dressed I am so happy I decided to get this surgery. I am active, my tops fit better than they used to, and I feel great.

Posted on January 13th, 2016

I came to Dr Vickery for breast augmentation revision. During initial consultation she took her time and listened to my concerns and needs. She explained the recommended procedure, expected recovery time, and what aesthetic result to anticipate with my type of surgery. On the day of surgery everything went smoothly and Dr. Vickery staff was very attentive to my needs. I also went for a few follow-ups to make sure that I am happy with my result and to ensure proper healing.

Thank you!

Posted on September 14th, 2013

I chose Dr. Vickery for my breast reduction surgery after a long internet search. My first visit assured me that I had made the right choice. Dr. Vickery has many years of experience, a demeanor that inspires confidence and a staff that is very helpful and supportive. The surgery was totally successful and recovery was uneventful After only a few months, scarring is minimal and the aesthetics are perfect. My breasts now look 40 years younger than my actual age. Dr. Vickery explained options and expected results before surgery and there were several visits post surgery to assure proper healing. I couldn't be more pleased with the care I received from Dr. Vickery and I fully recommend her to any seeking breast surgery.

Posted on May 30th, 2013

Simply put, Dr. Vickery is absolute tops in terms of possessing the full complement of traits one hopes to find in a surgeon. She is exceedingly knowledgeable, skillful and compassionate - a rare combination of traits to find in a surgeon. In connection with our methodical journey to find a plastic surgeon of the highest caliber with whom to work following my bilateral mastectomy, my husband and I knew from the start that we would be in the very best hands with Dr. Vickery. Her thorough manner, intellect, deep concern for her patients and - significantly - complete investment in achieving the most optimum outcome possible contribute to Dr. Vickery's well earned place as a first-rate surgeon and person operating at the top of her field. She is also a warm and steady advocate for women dealing with the range of items connected with any decision to undergo any form of plastic surgery. The outcome of my breast reconstruction - natural, comfortable and aesthetically beautiful to both my husband and me - is an incredible testament to Dr. Vickery's wide range of talents, depth of experience and artful work. My husband and I both feel it has been an utmost privilege to have had the enormous and life-changing benefits of Dr. Vickery's guidance and will be forever appreciative to her as well as her excellent staff for the smooth process leading to - as well as the wonderful outcome of - my reconstruction. We recommend Dr. Vickery with the highest levels of genuine enthusiasm and heartfelt support.

Patient

Posted on April 5th, 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr Vickery's bedside manner and her surgical expertise in the two procedures that I underwent with her. (Reconstruction after double mastectomy and mini facelift). The breast reconstruction, which is both complicated,complex, and has several stages is turning out extremely well, and the mini facelift has netted very natural results. Both Dr. Vickery's aesthetic abilities and her specialty in microsurgery have given both surgeries optimum results for which I am very pleased and grateful to have been placed in her hands. Knowing what I now know, I would highly recommend her for any of the procedures that she performs, as I know she would apply this same expertise and caring in everything she does.

Posted on October 11th, 2012

Had excellent experience with Dr. Vickery. She is an exceptionally skilled surgeon. During my initial consultation Dr. Vickery was friendly and upfront about my procedure and remained so throughout the surgery and my post-op visits. Both she and her staff have been consistently professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this practice.

The Best!

Posted on September 14th, 2012

From the moment I walked through the doorway and into the office, I felt cared for. Dr. Vickery's warmth and empathy were evident immediately. She listened to my fears, and provided the reassurance that I needed to know I would be alright following a bilateral mastectomy. Throughout the reconstruction process, Dr. Vickery and her staff were there for me. I am grateful for their support and understanding. I am amazed by Dr. Vickery's surgical talents. She is the best!

Posted on February 29th, 2012

I would absolutely give Dr. Vickery the highest recommendation. Her caring, bedside manner and espertise at all she does is the best I've seen. I tell everyone who is interested in any kind of plastic surgery to go to her. I cannot rave enough about my experience.

Posted on September 28th, 2011

Dr. Vickery is my hero, and her staff are the angels that held my hand throughout my procedure. From the moment I first walked into their reception office I was greeted with warm reassurance. Dr. Vickery and her nurses were ever so patient with all my questions and fears. I was also walked through all necessary insurance processes with nothing but positive support. I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Vickery, she always made me feel like a human being. She has given me a new lease on life. I no longer have pain on my neck, shoulders or back nor do I cringe when I look in the mirror. Still have grooves on my shoulder but that is because of all the years I carried heavy breast. Shopping has become pleasant again and with all the money I save by not having to buy expensive parachute bras or harnessed bathing suits I can once again buy fasionable cloth that I actually feel confortable in. My new found problem is that I want to stop every woman whom looks as uncomfortable as I was and share my story with her. My only regret is not having had this operation at leat ten years ago. From the bottom of my heart I thank my hero and her staff of angels.

Posted on June 2nd, 2011

Fabulous office, staff, and results.

Exceptional work!