Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlo-Gerardo Ramirez
Dr. Carlo-Gerardo Ramirez, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE . He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Transplant Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Ramirez is affiliated with UPMC Presbyterian, Methodist Hospital and Alfred I Dupont Institute. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlo-Gerardo Ramirez has the following 2 specialties
- Transplant Surgery
Transplant surgeons are trained to transplant organs from donors, whether living or deceased, to the patients in need. This includes liver, lung, heart, intestine, pancreas and kidney transplants as well as tissue, bone marrow and cornea transplants. Kidney disease, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and serious infections are just a few reasons you might need a transplant.
Your surgeon will consult with you prior to the operation for a pre-transplant evaluation and they will see you through your healing process to ensure you have no complications. Some surgeons get additional training and education on pediatric transplants to provide special care to children.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Ramirez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alfred I Dupont Institute
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
21 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines Manila
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carlo-Gerardo Ramirez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.