Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlos Leon
Dr. Carlos Leon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Loxahatchee, FL, with other offices in Punta Gorda, FL and Lake Worth, FL . He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Leon is affiliated with Wellington Regional Medical Center, Bethesda Memorial Hospital and Fawcett Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlos Leon has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Leon is a very busy guy, but he still takes time to answer your questions and explain things. He's also very caring. If something goes wrong, he'll speak with you on the phone, even if he's in the middle of doing something else. He makes you feel very comfortable, rather than intimidated, in his presence. Three cheers for Dr. Leon!
Going in with my boyfriend, we waited aboubt 45mins before being put into a room then waited an additional 20 minutes or so. when the doctor finally came in, he was with him for about 5 minutes and left, came back for another two minutes for an exam and then left us waiting in the room for a whopping hour and a half while he waited for permission from the specialist to give him an antibiotic. we were there for three hours and seen for less than 10 min which I find unacceptable. The nurse was also rude when she came in to have him prep for the exam, she told me "you can leave now" but i asked my boyfriend and he told me to stay. I work in the medical field and i know that it is the patients choice whether anyone else is present or not during exams. I was also disturbed to see that he treated my boyfriend as if he was bothering him since it was an emergency appt and completely ignored me, not even a hello. COMPLETELY rude and would NOT recommend going unless you like wasting your time with people who are rude and do very little to help you.
Dr. Leon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wellington Regional Medical Center
Bethesda Memorial Hospital
Fawcett Memorial Hospital
Bon Secours - St. Joseph Hospital
Palms West Hospital
Charlotte Regional Medical Center
JFK Medical Center
J F K Medical Center
17 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Carlos Leon accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carlos Leon in this video.
Dr. Carlos Leon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Loxahatchee, FL.