More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carlos E Armengol Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
We have been going to Dr. Armengol for over 10 years, an it breaks my heart to see some of the reviews on here about him. I have a 11 year old & 4 year old. When we go in both of my kids have a ball laughing and playing with the doc. He asks them questions & makes jokes with all of us. If I have questions he takes the time to answer them and than goes and gets printouts for extra help. Wouldn't think of ever going to another doctor for my kids.
I have two children who have seen Dr. Armengol over the last seven years. The younger one has had many issues to deal with. I found Dr. Armengol wonderful to work with. He took time to know my children and they both feel comfortable with him (they are nine years apart in age). He made referrals to specialists as needed. He has often made phone calls to follow up on problems. I was very distressed to read poor reviews listed earlier. I know several parents who take their children to Dr. Armengol and we are all very satisfied with him. He does a great job and I highly recommend others to him.
Dr. Armengol is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Virginia
Dr. Carlos E Armengol Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Assoc of Charlottesville, 1011 E Jefferson St Ste 3, Charlottesville, VA
Dr. Carlos E Armengol Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlottesville, VA.