Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlos R Azaret
Dr. Carlos R Azaret, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tamarac, FL, with other offices in Fort Lauderdale, FL and Tamarac, FL . He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Azaret is affiliated with University Hospital & Medical Center, Florida Medical Center and Northwest Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlos R Azaret has 3 locations
4725 N Federal Hwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
7421 N University Dr Ste 212
Tamarac, FL 33321
Book Online Now
Dr. Carlos R Azaret has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Carlos R Azaret has the following 4 expertise
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carlos R Azaret - Posted on August 27th, 2015
I saw Dr. Azaret for vertigo and arm/wrist pain. Dr. Azaret asked many questions, listened attentively, conducted manual tests, and offered sound next steps. His disposition is calm, friendly, polite, and comforting. He displayed much knowledge, and I left his office very pleased. This was my first visit, and I will definitely return. I give Dr. Azaret my highest commendation!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carlos R Azaret - Posted on April 15th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carlos R Azaret - Posted on October 30th, 2014
I was a first time patient and accidentally went to the wrong office. They checked with dr azaret and he told the receptionist to still come to the other office where my appt was. I ended up being over an hour late. I was his last appointment and he and the office waited i was the only one there.. I was impressed seeing how i was not even a regular patient. He has a wonderful bedside manner, very thorough and listens. Highly recommmend.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carlos R Azaret - Posted on July 7th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carlos R Azaret - Posted on November 4th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Azaret is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 2002
Jackson Health System
Dr. Carlos R Azaret Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carlos R Azaret, MD - Neurology in Tamarac, FL, in this video.
Dr. Carlos R Azaret is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tamarac, FL.