Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carlos J Cardenas has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Like most surgeons today, Dr. Cardenas was too busy performing surgery to see me for the pre-surgery evaluation. That job is left for underlings and was a big mistake because his gastroenterology office didn't get the facts correct. Neither did he or his hospital get anything right. I told the facts as needed for the colonoscopy. They were not passed along. I can only think that since I was holding up the surgery line because Dr. Cardenas was not prepared for my sedation needs, he called in an anesthesiologist, whom I had never met. No questions were asked. I told the doctors I would rather have Versed with the Hallucinations instead of something new. I trusted them to do what was right. I was given Propofol even though I had many contra-indicators for its use.(I discovered this after the procedure from much research on Versed and Propofol.) If my charts had been read, they should have known not to use it. Instead I have suffered from the horrible side effects that come with the administration of Propofol. This hospital group gets an "F." Dr. Cardenas should be investigated by the Texas Medical Board along with the anesthesiologist. Doctors can't run hospitals and do the great work needed as doctors. I will never go back to a doctors owned hospital group again and truly believe they are not as safe because of my experience and of the experiences shared with me by others who have had miserable hospital events of their own. Check this group out carefully online and by asking others who have been at DHR in Edinburg.
33 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Dr. Carlos J Cardenas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carlos J Cardenas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Edinburg, TX.