Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlos G Rodriguez
Dr. Carlos G Rodriguez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pasadena, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Rodriguez is affiliated with Garfield Medical Center, California Hospital Medical Center and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlos G Rodriguez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 9
A while back, my first appointment with Dr. Rodriguez was very good and he seemed very personable, but I recently had a problem and neither he nor his staff was any help. I had an issue where my insurance company said he had changed medical groups and therefore my medical group had changed too. I called his office and asked if this was true, and his office staff said he had not made any such change. But I kept trying to tell the insurance company this and they kept saying they no longer saw the old medical group on his profile. I got so frustrated and I called Dr. Rodriguez's office and asked them to please call my insurance and sort it out. They refused. Not only did they refuse to help me in any way, they insinuated that I was crazy. (I was crying, because I was so frustrated after spending so much time on hold w/ insurance company being told one thing and them telling me something completely different.) I told them perhaps the Dr. himself would help me and they said he does not do phone consultations. This wasn't a phone "consultation," it was an issue with my insurance where my insurance had some wrong information and I thought perhaps he could clear it up. I really needed someone to help me sort out all that confusion. No one would help me. They don't deserve my business anymore.
I needed a private dr. and called to see if He was taking new patients. They told me to come right in today.Dr. Rodriguez is personable, accurate and took the proter tests to find out my diagnosis. Excellent dr. and staff.I am glad I came here. the stars only go up to 3 on this form so I cannot push 5 stars? Is this discrimination?
Even after repeated visits, this doctor did not even attempt to diagnose or treat my condition, which continue to worsen. I became increasingly weak, dizzy and suffered a great deal of pain. After two months of suffering, I finally ended up in the emergency room, terrified that I was going to bleed to death.
Dr. Rodriguez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Centro De Estudios Universitarios Xochicalco
Graduated in 1986
St Joseph Hospital
Dr. Carlos G Rodriguez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsClinica Medical Nuestra Senora, 1403 N Fair Oaks Ave Ste 1, Pasadena, CA
Dr. Carlos G Rodriguez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.