Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carlos H Espinel has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carlos H Espinel has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Carlos H Espinel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carlos H Espinel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Carlos Espinel and his staff have very poor communication. Waiting is long. No response to getting your medical records. After 3 days and 3 phone calls when I got allergic to a heart medication he prescribed I was left hanging, no return calls. The medication contained 2 things I was allergic to and I should not have been prescribed that to begin with. I was sick in bed 3 days in pain and headaches. Do not recommend him to anyone. Very disappointed
Desde hace algun tiempo, he venido escuchando de parte de amigos y colegas del trabajo, de que el Dr. Espinel es un excelente doctor. El dia de hoy decidi llamar a su oficina para hacer una cita con este famoso medico del area metropolitana de Washington, D.C., para que me hiciera un examen fisico y compararlo con otros exÃ¡menes medicos a los cuales me he sometido. La persona que atendiÃ³ el telefono en la oficina del Dr. Espinel, me pregunto mi nombre y mi edad, al final la Asistente me informo que el Doctor Espinel no atendÃa a personas mayores de 60 aÃ±os, grupo al cual pertenezco. Esta politica me parece muy discriminatoria por tratarse de un Medico quienes entiendo, se deben a sus pacientes sin menoscabar su edad y tambien encuentro muy rara esta politica de un medico en los Estados Unidos. Me considero una persona saludable, y hubiera sido para mi muy importante que este medico me atendiera, Pero por las razones de politicas de edad no se pudo. De manera que, no puedo dar un testimonio favorable del Dr. Espinel.
Things have changed in Dr. EspinelÂ´s office. He was my doctor for many years, and was always very caring and courteous, but recently there is new staff who are nasty and rude. This is a great shame because I think Dr. Espinel is a highly qualified doctor, worth taking the time to wait over an hour in his waiting room. Because of this situation, I have decided to go to another doctor because while medical expertise is important, itÂ´s hard to put up with rudeness and office mismanagement.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Espinel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Carlos H Espinel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBlood Pressure Center, 1715 N George Mason Dr Ste 401, Arlington, VA
Dr. Carlos H Espinel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.