Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlos A Leon Forero
Dr. Carlos A Leon Forero, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint George, UT. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicinettcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr. Dr. Leon Forero is affiliated with Dixie Regional Medical Center - River Road Campus. Dr. Leon Forero has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Carlos A Leon Forero has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carlos A Leon Forero has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carlos A Leon Forero - Posted on April 26th, 2016
Great doctor. Courteous and attentive. Not arrogant at all. On time, took him about 5-10 minutes to see me since I was placed in the room. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Good promoter of health and good example for patients to follow. I love to see him at the office and he has a great office now and great staff that works to please patients. His partners seem great as well.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carlos A Leon Forero - Posted on January 12th, 2015
Great Doctor; warmth and easy to talk to. Busy office, saw me and dad 15 minutes after schedule time which was resonable; highly recommend him, as he has seen our dad now for over a year and notice significant improvement, even dad is on dialysis, now there is a plan an options for transplant thanks to dr. leon and his team
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Leon Forero is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Carlos A Leon Forero Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Peak Advantage - UT
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNESTOR EDUARDO ALMEIDA MD, 624 S 1000 E Ste 103, Saint George, UT
Dr. Carlos A Leon Forero is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint George, UT.