Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlos Lifschitz
Dr. Carlos Lifschitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Gastroenterology and Pediatrics. Dr. Lifschitz is affiliated with Ben Taub General Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital and Ben Taub. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlos Lifschitz has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Carlos Lifschitz has the following 2 expertise
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Carlos Lifschitz has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carlos Lifschitz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
This physician almost allowed my so to starve to death. Our son has Cerebral Palsy and was unable to swallow. Our son needed a gastrostomy, but this physician told us to take our 18 month old to a child psychiatrist and told me I was a bad mother. He would only help my son nutritionally if he was in a wheel chair. Go see Kathleen Motil. She understands nutrition and the brain. Dr. Lifschitz is a dangerous physician to children with nutrition problems associated with cerebral palsy.
Dr. Lifschitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ben Taub General Hospital
Texas Children's Hospital
40 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1973
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carlos Lifschitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.