Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlos Lowell III
Dr. Carlos Lowell III, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Norwalk, OH, with other offices in Sandusky, OH and Port Clinton, OH (and 11 other locations). He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Lowell is affiliated with Firelands Regional Medical Center - South Campus and Firelands Reg Med Ctr-Main Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlos Lowell III has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I've been seeing Dr. Lowell for over 3.5 years. I liked him at first. But over the past year, my depression, insomnia, and suddenly having severe anxiety with panic attacks has gotten out of control. Now I feel like he doesn't listen to me. He's very adamant about not changing my meds very much lately, even though I feel there needs to be a change. He seems very conservative with treating my panic attacks. In addition I developed PTSD last year after a very trying life event and he said it was normal that I had it and he never tried to treat it. Thumbs down!
I began seeing Dr. Lowell for severe depression. He was very kind and patient with me as I tried to explain everything that I was going through. He ordered blood tests, and then explained to me what was wrong. He is a knowledgeable and smart doctor and is also a kind and very caring doctor. He was my doctor for more than 10 years. I only had to see him once a year for "maintaince" after he got me on some medicine that helped my depression. My husband and I moved away and I hated having to change to a different doctor. I still haven't found a doctor that I liked as much as Dr. Lowell.
Dr. Lowell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Firelands Regional Medical Center - South Campus
Firelands Reg Med Ctr-Main Campus
23 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Carlos Lowell III accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carlos Lowell III in this video.
Dr. Carlos Lowell III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwalk, OH.