Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlos Guevara
Dr. Carlos Guevara, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Miami, FL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Guevara is affiliated with Miami Children's Hospital, Kendall Regional Medical Center and Palmetto General Hospital. Dr. Guevara has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlos Guevara has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Guevara is a great docter because he truly cares about his patients. Yes, he might take long with each patient, but it shows that he cares about parent's concerns, he answers questions with more than a yes or no, and speaks directly to your child not only about what "hurts" but how they are doing in school, for example. I will wait the 45 minutes for this kind of attention to my child.
My children have been his patients for 10 years now and his diagnostics has always been accurate. Loving doctor that really cares for his patients. Difficult to find: knowledgable, experienced and loving person.I would highly recommend this doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Guevara is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Miami Children's Hospital
Kendall Regional Medical Center
Palmetto General Hospital
37 Years Experience
University Complutense De Madrid
Graduated in 1976
Miami Childrens Hospital
Dr. Carlos Guevara accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
Locations & Directions11880 SW 40th St, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carlos Guevara in this video.
Dr. Carlos Guevara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.