Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlos R Porter
Dr. Carlos R Porter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with another office in San Antonio, TX. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Porter is affiliated with Post Acute/Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital of San Antonio. Dr. Porter has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlos R Porter has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 41
I felt like he is more interested in making the money than providing health care. Quick, to the point (his point) appointments, not thorough nor interested in what I needed. Made off colored joke. Which was pretty unprofessional. The PA was no better informed or attentive (but no rude wisecracks). Front staff did not follow through - except with the billing information. Very chaotic. No thanks.
AMAZING IMPROVEMENT OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS! I have been a patient for 15+ years and chose to stay with Dr.Porter because of his AMAZING care for me. The staff is very friendly and helpful with any concerns you may have. Amazing office manager Cindi, what an amazing job on turning that place around. I 100% recommend this doctors office.
I saw Dr. Porter for the first time last week due to an insurance change I had. I was very please on how organized the office staff was with my information when I checked in as well as the attention I was given by the nursing staff and the doctor. Everyone seemed pleasant and helpful and I was out of my appointment within 1 hour.
Stay away from this clinic. They over charge you for a visit and say it was prolonged. Then hit you with $196 charge. They send you for tests you do not need...they nearly sent me for a neuropathy test rather than a spirometry test. Good thing I caught that. Then they diagnosed me with a positive urine culture for an UTI and did not treat me for 30 days. Horrible staff and incompetent doctors. I'm reporting them to the medical board. Beware of positive reviews as they give you money off your copay if you give a good review.
Dr. Porter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1993
University Health Center Downtown
Dr. Carlos R Porter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carlos R Porter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.