Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carlos A Quiroz has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Carlos A Quiroz has the following 6 expertise
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Carlos A Quiroz has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Up front they want a credit card on file in case insurance doens't pay for something. 11 y/o well visit took over 2 hrs. Nurse Pract. & Dr. both examined. They asked lots of questions about an illness NINE years ago. I had a current concern. They gave me a referral. Then I said what about the shots we need and only then did they say they didn't actually have any shots on hand. At checkout they wanted to charge me $64.15 because they took extra time with me. Um - NO! Annual physical is free. I said wouldn't pay. They said I wasn't welcome there anymore. Now I have to go pay a $20 co-pay somewhere else so my child can get his shots that he should've got today for free. And I'll be watching to see if they charge my card since they have it on file.
The wait time is ridiculously long at this office, and it's EVERY TIME. The doctor seems pretty knowledgeable and competant, but the office manager and staff are absolutely horrible. They are rude and unorganized, and all seem to be related so the conversations that can be overheard by all the patients waiting is not very professional. I will not be going back.
Office manager is terrible. Wait time is over 2 hrs each visit. Made 3 trips to the office after the manager told me my medical records were ready to pick up just to find out that they were not ready. My 2yr old autistic son hasn't had therapy in over a month because they have/will not send paperwork to my insurance company that was requested many many times. DO NOT GO HERE!
25 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1993
University Of Texas Health Science
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCarlos A Quiroz Do, 20308 Encino Ledge, San Antonio, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carlos A Quiroz in this video.
Dr. Carlos A Quiroz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.