Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carlos Rotellar has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carlos Rotellar has the following 10 expertise
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
Dr. Carlos Rotellar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Rotellar, is the most outstanding Dr of Nephrology and patient care and knowledge. He along with his team guided me through some difficult times from kidney removal to transplant and it's been close to 20 years now. I will always be grateful for his expertise and follow him where ever he goes to assure myself, if I ever need to see the best, I will travel to make an appointment...
Dr. Rotellar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Universitat De Barcelona
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Carlos Rotellar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Kentucky Nephrologists, 720 2nd Ave Ste 203, Bowling Green, KY
Dr. Carlos Rotellar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bowling Green, KY.