Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carlos S Castillo has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Delirium, Dementia, Amnestic, Cognitive Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Disorders
- Personality Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
IF, IF you ever get to see this doctor (as a real live person - not a video feed) - he is a brilliant doctor. The problem is that to see him you have to wait 30-50 minutes and then you only get to see him on a video... Yes, he bills your insurance but you never actually see the doctor. The receptionist are incredibly rude and if you ever have to call in be prepared to wait the required 30-50 minutes and still not get help. I don't think they could be any more unhelpful or rude unless they were actually trained to be awful to patients. Also, he will never remember to call in your prescriptions but will make you come in the full number of times your insurance will allow, whether you need it or not. Also, the staff there like to dismiss people and act like "they are crazy." except you work at a Pysch Clinic!! Also I am a family member of the person seeking services and they are even more awful to me if it was possible. I have spoken to a number of upper management there and they din't seem to care too much about the problem. I won't go to Bellin for our physicals anymore just because of how awful they allow this clinic to be run.
Dr. Castillo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Carlos S Castillo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDesmoines Valley, 201 E 11th St, Spencer, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carlos S Castillo in this video.
Dr. Carlos S Castillo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spencer, IA.