Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please contact us if you have any additional information.
Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carlton Akins MD
Dr. Carlton Akins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Worcester, MA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Akins is affiliated with Massachusetts Hospital School, U Mass Memorial Medical Center and U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Carlton Akins has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Carlton Akins has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Akins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Massachusetts Hospital School
U Mass Memorial Medical Center
U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
Health Alliance Hospitals Inc
St. Vincent's Hospital
St Vincent's Hospital at Worcester Medical Center
UMass Memorial Medical Center
47 Years Experience
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Carlton Akins Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Carlton Akins's office for more information.
55 Lake Ave N Worcester, MA : (203) 856-2372
Locations & Directions55 Lake Ave N, Worcester, MA
Dr. Carlton Akins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.