Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carmela A Abessinio
Dr. Carmela A Abessinio, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Grosse Pointe Park, MI. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Abessinio is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital Grosse Pointe. Dr. Abessinio has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Carmela A Abessinio has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 50
Dr. Abessinio took over when my doctor was out of state during my labor. I didn't even know my doctor was traveling on my due date which really frustrated me. Dr. Abessinio really treated me like a family member, and helped me make the right decisions. My labor and delivery ended as a very positive experience and I have Dr. Abessinio and her staff to thank
Carmella is emotionally abusive. She yelled at us for asking questions, lied to us on multiple occasions and told us we had no say in what we wanted to happen during the delivery of our baby. She bullied us during the entire process and she will not be with us when we deliver our child. Be careful of her and do not trust her.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2009, 2011, 2010, 2016, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Abessinio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Carmela A Abessinio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCarmela A Abessinio Do, 15450 E Jefferson Ave, Grosse Pointe Park, MI
Dr. Carmela A Abessinio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grosse Pointe Park, MI.