Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carmelo M Licitra
Dr. Carmelo M Licitra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Licitra is affiliated with Orlando Regional South Seminole Hospital and Orlando Regional Medical Center. Dr. Licitra has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Carmelo M Licitra has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Met with Dr. Licitra as a new patient. First impression was a very warm and approachable physician. His office staff was very efficient and friendly. Office very clean. I am a bladder cancer survivor whose recent upper enoscopy revealed h pylori. After one failed triple antibiotic treatment, my gastro doctor sent me to an infectious disease doctor. I am very pleased with Dr. Licitra. He listened well, explained his treatment plan and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend him.
Dr. Licitra, Is a very caring Dr. Many years ago my husband had open heart surgery - surgery went very well - but my husband developed a fever - the Surgeon, could not detect cause - referred to Dr. Licitra. Who immediately looked into cause - it was caused by acute cytomegalo (?),Virus rec. from blood transfusion-not a serious virus for a healthy person, but my husband's weakened condition could not fight it off. Dr. Licitra quickly located problem and in 3 mos. my husband was well enough to go England. If only more Drs.had his wonderful caring manner and less ego.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Licitra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Orlando Regional Healthcare System
Dr. Carmelo M Licitra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Infectious Diseases Group, 1012 Lucerne Ter, Orlando, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carmelo M Licitra in this video.
Dr. Carmelo M Licitra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.