Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carmelo C Mendiola has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carmelo C Mendiola has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Carmelo C Mendiola has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Hello I wanted to write a review for this Dr, it has been sometime since my mother had this so called person as a Dr. When my stepfather was alive I carried my mother to Mendiola to be her care providerover some time she had swelling and complaints of breathing problems she never had a huge appetite so her weight was not the factor in her problems every time we went to see this Dr all he said was loose weight ,loose weight and never bothered to check anything else the my mom was so upset when she went to him that we did not know what to do, it was the last visit to him that said it all about this Dr my mom told him that she felt swollen all over and we asked if it could be fluid he just sat there and made no comment except that she needed to loose weight she was on medicare at the time so we needed a referral to a Heart Dr well my mom goes over to the sink in the Exam room to wash her hands and she is crying well he storms out of the room and does not even tell us anything the nurse comes in to ask us what he is going to do and we said we did not know well we get an appointment with a Heart Dr that same Day and my mom is admitted to a Hospital and she has 35lbs of Fluid I said Fluid not food you stupid man my mom had Heart Failure thanks to this Quack I do not recommend this person to anyone.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
35 Years Experience
University Of The East/Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Carmelo C Mendiola accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsValley Internal Medicine, 2202 Jordan Rd SW Ste 500, Fort Payne, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carmelo C Mendiola in this video.
Dr. Carmelo C Mendiola is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Payne, AL.