Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Carmen J Allegra has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carmen J Allegra has the following 16 expertise
- DNA Damage
- Breast Cancer
- Cancerous Tumor
- Rectal Cancer
- Metastatic Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Stomach Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Gallbladder Cancer
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carmen J Allegra - Posted on September 28th, 2010
I found Dr. Allegra to be the most obnoxious individual I have met in years. He is known to have hurt beyond measure, individuals, by behind-the-back comments which in turn have destroyed careers -- to his advantage.
39 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Carmen J Allegra
Carmen J. Allegra, M.D., is a board certified medical oncologist with expertise in the study and treatment of colorectal cancer. He is the Chief of the Division of Hematology and Oncology as well as the Associate Director for Clinical and Translational Research for the Department of Medicine and University of Florida Shands Cancer Center. He is also co-director of the Foundation Research Program at the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP).
Locations & DirectionsUF HEALTH SHANDS CHILDREN HOSPITAL, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL
Dr. Carmen J Allegra is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.