Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carmen Cawley
Dr. Carmen Cawley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX, with other offices in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX . She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Cawley is affiliated with Northeast Baptist Hospital, Baptist Medical Center and St Luke's Baptist Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Carmen Cawley has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Cawley is one of the best MDs Ive ever been to after meeting her for the first time at another practice I decided to follow her to her new beginning when she decided to open her own practice to be able to take the time with each and every patient was a crucial thing for her as in other office she was only alloted very little time with each one of us, she is very compassionate takes her time to explain all diagnosis. I highly recommend her to anyone and her staff is exceptional the receptionist is such a blessing and so sweet.
My last appointment with Dr. Cawley I wanted a basic check up and physical. When I made the appointment and they set up a lab work appointment I verified it was COVERED and part of the physical. I did not want anything additional, just my year check up. I went, got my lab work and had my apappointment. Come to find during my appointment out that they decided to run A TON of tests on my bloodwork (allergy test, gene test, and more) without my consent. A year later and I am still in this mess. They also won't return the calls by me or my parents. Very unhappy with their service. And still do not wish to pay the hundreds of dollars for tests I did not want.
After reading the reviews on this site, I just had to make a comment of my own. Dr. Cawley, and she is one of the best doctors in San Antonio. She is very caring, very knowledgeable, and she spends more time with patients than 90% of other doctors. To the reviewer who said that she maliciously spends extra time and gives complex diagnoses to bill the insurance -- this is simply not true. It is true that Dr. Cawley may spend extra time with you, but it is because she cares deeply about making you healthy. Her heart is always in the right place, and though her style of practicing medicine may not be for everyone I encourage you to visit her. In my opinion she is a truly excellent physician.
Dr. Cawley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northeast Baptist Hospital
Baptist Medical Center
St Luke's Baptist Hospital
Methodist Medical Center
Methodist Childrens Hospital - South Texas
Methodist Health Care System
23 Years Experience
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Carmen Cawley accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carmen Cawley in this video.
Dr. Carmen Cawley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.