Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carmen L Farrior has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Carmen L Farrior has the following 13 expertise
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Carmen L Farrior has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carmen L Farrior is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I've been with Dr. Farrior for about 15 years now. She was great during my late teen, college years. She was my OB during my first pregnancy. My husband agreed with me that she is informative and very professional and kind, as well as understanding of her patient's needs. Sometimes I have to wait in the office for a long time, but with any doctor, things get busy and there are other patients that sometimes have emergencies. She spends a good amount of time during each visit, always asking if I have questions. When I have called, she always promptly responds. Dr. Farrior has also made very excellent Primary Care referrals, which have resulted in patient-doctor relationships that I highly respect and am extremely satisfied with. I have recommended her to friends and family. She is a top-notch doctor. And I am a patient with very high expectations of my care providers. Highly recommended!
Dr. Carmen is nice and very easy to like as a person; however, she is horrible at explaining things and making you feel as if she cares about what is going on with you. I call her the "in and out doctor" because once she is in the room she is holding onto the door knob or inching her way to the door once she checked you and taken samples. She is professional as far as her tone and attitude but is horrible with making your issue important to her. She diagnosed me with BV in under 6 mins, but told me I had it by peaking her head in the door to the room i was sitting in. I came back to her after my symptoms came back and with out trying to figure out why it reoccured, with out ever testing my PH, or even asking what in my diet could be causing it, she instead threw more pills at me without explaining side effects or other options. She is the worst as far as my experience has been after three times going to her I have learned my lesson. Never again.
She is such a sweet person very caring. I love having her as my doctor and trust her medical advice high creditability affiliated with a amazing hospital MERCY is gentle even doing a cervix exam which i usually find very uncomfortable she actually made me laugh doing the whole thing she is always clean prompt on time when i get there I'm immediately called back very easy to reach in emergency if not always has a back up plan set up... i all around adore Dr.Farrior and enjoy her as my doctor highly recommend throughout my family an friends <3...
I decided to find another doctor when I had been misdiagnosed not once, twice but three times by this doctor. Her misdiagnoses landed me in the hospital for three blood transfusions and an operation. Not once did this doctor apologize, she was totally nonchalant about the whole matter, so I moved on.
Dr. Farrior is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Carmen L Farrior accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carmen L Farrior in this video.
Dr. Carmen L Farrior is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pikesville, MD.