More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carmen Garcia-Albarran
Dr. Carmen Garcia-Albarran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Garcia-Albarran is affiliated with Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center - Concourse Division, St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital and Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center - Conc Pavilion. Dr. Garcia-Albarran has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Carmen Garcia-Albarran has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 5 of 12
Love her after having the same doctor from the day I was born till 18 years old I could not trust anyone till I met Dr. Albarran. She is the best she makes sure everything is up to date. She helped me find what was wrong with my health. So easy to talk to understands everything. Sure sometimes its crazy in there however, it show that she knows what shes doing.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program (2016, 2017, 2018)
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Garcia-Albarran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center - Concourse Division
St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center - Conc Pavilion
Bronx Lebanon Hospital
Metropolitan Hospital Ctr
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Concourse Division Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Fulton Division
26 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 1987
Nyu School Of Medicine
Dr. Carmen Garcia-Albarran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarmen M Garcia-Albarran MD, 427 Fort Washington Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Carmen Garcia-Albarran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.