Dr. Carmen E Gota Is this you?

2.2

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Carmen E Gota?

Horrible doctor

Where do I start??? I've been sick for many years, have several medical issues going on, so my doctor referred me to The Cleveland Clinic, which proved to be a total waste of my time. I waited months for the appointment and I went to a lot of trouble to send all of my medical records weeks in advance (per Dr. Gota's request). When she walked into the room, she asked why I was there (having no clue), and did not review any of the records I sent. She then left me sitting in a gown for 30 minutes while she "claimed" to be reviewing my records but was yelling at the nursing staff in the hallway instead. She was cold, impatient, rude, curt and abrasive. She refused to explain anything, only staring at her computer and not making eye contact at all. She told me my diagnosis was incorrect but couldn't explain why and became aggressive and nasty; she obviously didn't like me questioning her. SHe was unprofessional and dismissive and then ordered tests for a disease that I don't have and was completely off track. When she emailed me my abnormal test results after I returned home, I asked her several questions which she ignored and still hasn't answered months later, completely unethical. As another patient stated, she also wrote inaccurate things on the report sent to my doctor. I'm appalled that after all of these negative reviews listed, The Cleveland Clinic continues to employee this woman! I wrote several letters to the clinic, which got me nowhere. I suggest you write your complaints to the medical board instead. Being determined, I thankfully have a wonderful team of doctors that have given me the correct diagnosis and I am finally receiving the proper treatment. My doctors were not wrong, she was wrong and negligent in my eyes. My advice is to see another physician, do not give up, persevere and keep fighting hard.

Worst experience ever...

Hands down the most humiliating experience of my life. I could not believe Dr Gota asked me "Why are you here? Who told you to come see me?" You can imagine the look in my face. She made no eye contact, just typed away on the computer. Horrible bedside manner. Hard to believe she is a Cleveland Clinic Doctor. I'd give her zero stars if I could...run...do not walk away from this doctor as fast as you can....as hard as it may be with your arthritis or other ailments. If you've seen her get a second opinion!

Dr. Gota insisted on taking about $1,000 worth of tests on me (after insurance), claiming that they were "standard". She did not tell me how many she'd take or how much they would cost. She was extremely rude when I called to ask her about what illnesses had been ruled out, treating me as if I were impertinent for asking and using only complex medical terminology. I spent about two minutes on the phone with her, and I can't emphasize enough how rude she was -- she treated me as if I were a spoiled idiot for asking about my test results. I really felt conned by the Cleveland Clinic; Gota clearly relished the experience of not telling me anything/making me feel like a moron, and I spent $1,000 for the privilege. I truly believe this doctor shouldn't be allowed to practice.

Excellent Doctor but too hard to get an appointment with

I was a patient with Dr. Gota for about a year. She helped me immeasurably and was very compassionate to my suffering. My only dislike is that she was too busy, at the end I called for an appointment because I was in pain and they wanted me to wait 6 months...much too long for a person who is in agony.

This doctor has a terrible bedside manner and should consider another profession. I have never been so appalled by her care and treatment of patients.

This doctor needs to take a course in LISTENING. She stared at her computer for most of my appointment, while I was telling her my physical symptoms. And I didn't realize that rheumatoid doctors are now psychologists and psychiatrists! She is NOT qualified to make a diagnosis in mental health, yet tried to anyway. She gave me a GENERAL physical diagnosis, which I truly already knew, and recommended that I increase my walking by 5 minutes a month to get better! ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS! Then she sent my doctor a report that TOTALLY CONTRADICTED everything she told me and my husband, in the appointment. DO NOT TAKE YOUR DOG TO SEE THIS WOMAN! I am appalled that a reputable institution like Cleveland Clinic would employ such a quack.

Rude/Unprofessional and thoughtless

This physician treated me like a child. She asked inappropriate questions that had nothing to do with my symptoms. She entered, sat at the computer and never looked at me. She was harsh and outright mean. She also answered her cell phone during the appointment to speak with her child and carried on a conversation! I left the appointment crying. Having been sick for a while (and I am not a sick person) I expected a little empathy and respect. If you want to be listened to and treated with respect do not see this Dr.

WG Patient

Dr. Gota went out of her way to help with my treatment... called me, reviewed my labs from far away admited me to hospitals and made sure that my care was great and she followed up with me personally. She gave me her personal number to call with any problems...excellent doctor!

Not a pleasant woman

By far the most humiliating appointment of my life. Had an intern with her and I let the intern sit in. She systematically poked and prodded at me speaking medical jargon the whole time. Meanwhile I'm laying there terrified. Incorrectly diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia despite meeting not having several others, and having several other alarming symptoms that weren't relevant to her diagnosis which she ignored. I can see how she would be an asset to research potentially, but this woman has no business seeing patients. Let alone treating them. I ended up getting a correct diagnosis months down the line by myself doing much of the research from another doctor open to discussion. Her diagnosis stonewalled my finally receiving a correct diagnosis and is borderline negligence in my eyes.

thurough but not friendly

I've seen dr.gota twice for joint pain and swelling. She hasn't explained anything to me (why she prescribed meds, what blood tests she was doing, or what she thought possible diagnoses could be). At times, her attitude towards me has made me feel that she thinks I'm faking. I've never been to a doctor where I've felt that I've had no choice in my treatment.