Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carmen M Hurtado has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Hurtado presented no concern or regard for the purpose of my visit. For the mere 2:39 minutes that I inconvenienced her schedule, she remained standing, did not check my file or even examine me. I have been suffering from a condition that I have been suffering from for over a year. I could not even discuss with her potential treatments as she was too eager to head towards the door to her next patient to cross off the list.
I read the negative reviews for Dr. Hurtado, but went to see her anyway because I figured she went to a good med school, so she must be well-trained, and who really cares if she isn't the nicest and most caring doctor. I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand and be my friend. But, that was a mistake, I should have listened to the reviews. It's true, she really doesn't spend any time with you, doesn't ask any questions, doesn't give you the time to ask questions, and doesn't give thorough exams at all. She doesn't write anything down, and just looks and acts completely uninterested. I don't need to feel warm and fuzzy when I go to see my doctor, but I do want to know that I'm being listened to and taken seriously, and my doctor is thinking about what I'm saying and is using their expertise to give me good advice. Her first comment to me was that I need to pick what I'm in there for, a physical or an acute condition. So I had to literally pick what I wanted to talk about, because she couldn't be bothered to deal with any of my current health issues and give me a physical. I know the state of healthcare is a mess these days, but there's no excuse for this type of callous and irresponsible care.
17 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Carmen M Hurtado accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carmen M Hurtado is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Weston, FL.