Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carmen E Johnson has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Carmen E Johnson has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Carmen E Johnson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carmen E Johnson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
The doctor knows no bed side manners. She told me she was disappointed in me as a person and judged me. Her nurse told her friends of a patients diagnosis along with that patients name. Unfortunately the person she told knew who she was referring to. ME! Doctors appointments are suppose to be confidential. I had to switch schools because a nurse gossiped about my doctors appointment. Also waiting time is long and it is a unclean place. I have also been misdiagnosed there before.
DECENT DOCTOR, BUT SHE SEES WAY TO MANY PATIENTS AT A TIME, MADE MY PARENTS WAIT 3 HOURS IN THE WAITING ROOM BECAUSE THEY HAD TO ADD IN APPOINTMETNS, MY DAUGHTER HAD THIS APPOINTMENT FOR A MONTH, THE EXCUSE WAS WELL THERE ARE SICK KIDS WE HAVE TO SEE FIRST, WELL 3 TIMES IN A ROW I CALLED BECAUSE MY BABY WAS RUNNING FEVER BUT THEY COULDNT SQUEEZE HER IN, BUT THEIR EXCUSE TO ME WAS THAT THEY HAD TO SQUEEZE IN 20 OTHER KIDS BEFORE HER. I AM DISGUSTED WITH THIS OFFICE AND I PLAN ON SWITCHING MY DAUGHTER TO ANOTHER PEDITRICIAN IMMEDIATELY.
I've been taking my son to Dr.Carmens since he was a month old. She cares for my lil boy like he was her very own. He adores her even when he just got his shots.Dr carmen has never shown bad manners as long as I've known her. She is professional along with her staff. They make sure u get in and out with all your needs along with your child(ren) needs are met. A TRUE FAMILY DOCTOR
21 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Austin Medical Education Program
Dr. Carmen E Johnson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsGreat Beginnings Pediatric, 3975 I 49 S Service Rd Ste 201, Opelousas, LA
Dr. Carmen E Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Opelousas, LA.