Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carmen E Pal has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 14
This is the first time i've ever written a review for a doctor! I always thought people only write reviews when they have a bad experience but I've had such a great one with Dr Pal I thought i should share (especially given these other bizarre negative reviews i read on her) Simply put Dr Pal is a hidden gem. I was fortunate enough to get an appointment with her fairly easily and can very confidently say that she is the most patient and kind doctor i've ever been to in New York. She spends a lot of time going through your medical history all of your results (even from previous doctors) and will sit and explain every single result you have(none of my previous doctors did this). She is incredibly thorough and provides you with a deep explanation for why she is going to get certain tests done for you. My previous experiences with Doctors in New York have always been rushed and very impersonal but this completely changed when i came to see Dr. Pal. If you are a patient who likes to be fully informed and have a doctors kindly and patiently explain in detail what is going on I recommend going to her. I wish she could be my go to doctor for everything!
I've seen Dr. Pal two times and couldn't be more pleased. She spent an inordinate amount of time at my first appointment, taking history, reviewing my records, and answering all of my questions. She is extremely thorough. When I called with an urgent question and she was not in the office, she responded to the pager before I was even off of the phone with her staff. It takes a long time to get an appointment but it was worth the wait.
The previous review was dead on...no compassion or warmth whatsoever...gloom and doom is her middle name, and even downright insensitive from time to time. Rushes you out the door, little to no assistance from office staff in coordinating tests and procedures, never available on the phone. A pure academic who sees treating patients as a means to an end rather than a calling. I've been with her for many years and I'm finally getting off my butt and trying to find someone new. Don't need such bad energy in my life, no matter what my condition.
If you are looking for a compassionate doctor who is willing to listen to your concerns - go somewhere else. This doctor is knowledgeable and will recite you the textbook but don't expect her to be open minded to alternative cures. As long as your results conform to the textbook, she's happy - no matter how you feel.
31 Years Experience
Carol Davila University Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1987
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Carmen E Pal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carmen E Pal in this video.
Dr. Carmen E Pal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.