Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carmen A Shirley has 2 locations
1625 SE 3rd Ave Ste 400
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Book Online Now
Dr. Carmen A Shirley has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Carmen A Shirley has the following 5 expertise
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Carmen A. Shirley is outstanding
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carmen A Shirley - Posted on February 23rd, 2017
She was very compassionate, responsive and kept the family in the loop with the treatment plan and next steps. I would recommend her to my friends and family. Excellent job, Dr. Shirley.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carmen A Shirley - Posted on August 31st, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carmen A Shirley - Posted on October 27th, 2009
I am a caretaker for an elderly French woman who is a patient of Dr. Shirley's. I have had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Shirley on numerous occasions. I find her to be extremely knowledgeable with anunparalleled patient bedside manner. You may experience a long wait time for your scheduled appointment which can be a little frustrating. But when it is your turn to see the good doctor, you will know why. It is because Dr. Shirley and her colleagues run their practice in a more traditional, almost nostalgic sense in this day and age. They don't just 'turn 'em and burn 'em, if you will. They take time with their patients, they listen and really give a patient their full attention. Yes, after your visit, you can appreciate the wait that earlier you may have thought to be a bit of an annoyance. Kudos to Dr. Shirley and her office for making a trip to the doctor as pleasant as one could hope for!
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Carmen A Shirley Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Carmen A Shirley's office for more information.
1625 SE 3rd Ave Ste 400 Fort Lauderdale, FL : (954) 832-0055
14050 NW 14th St Sunrise, FL : (954) 832-0055
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carmen A Shirley is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fort Lauderdale, FL.