Dr. Carol A Foster Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Carol A Foster?

May know her stuff but has no "bedside manner"

It took a month to get in to see her for my vertigo and by the time I got in it was mostly gone. She was really rude and abrupt. She didn't seem to care much for patients - maybe she's more interested in research.

WARNING- STAY AWAY!

I was referred to Dr. Foster from my current ENT at University of Colorado Hospital when I phoned to make an appointment when I complained of dizziness due to Meneire's Disease. Her office signed me up for initial vestibular testing prior to my appointment. I was assured the testing was routine and covered by my insurance. They said Dr. Foster would not see me without the initial testing. UCH just billed me $1,800 for the "routine" testing! I still have yet to even see Dr Foster, I have been waiting over three months for my appointment. I am still dizzy and yet to have any answers! Please save yourself time, money and pain. I had an ENT mention Denvet Ear after the testing. Please go there! Dr Foster is not interested in helping people with the way she operates her practice!!!! I a paid more for her routine testing than I did to have a baby!!!!

I was diagnosed with Migraine Associated Vertigo nearly 4 years ago. It ruined my flying career. I moved to Colorado and was hoping to find a good doctor. I didn't. After my initial exam that took months to get, she recommended a sleep apnea consult. She said I'm fixed, we've found the problem. After my sleep apnea was fixed, I returned to her to follow up because I still have my symptoms. Before I followed up in person, I called her and left a couple messages, no response. When I showed up to her office I was excited, but my excitement quickly turned into confusion as she basically chewed me out for bothering her. She asked me why I was here and there is nothing she can do for me. She said that there is nothing wrong with my inner ear or my balance. And that was that! First of all, she never got an MRI or CT scan. How could she know just by a few ear tests. She could have easily returned my calls. I understand if she is limited in her abilities, but that is no reason to treat hurting patients with such disdain. I thanked her and got up and left. Yes, I still suffer from migraines, dizziness, and unbalance. No I was not given a recommendation of someone to follow up with. I rarely use swear words. But once out of the building I let them fly. My wife was with me and equally confused at Dr. Fosters behavior.

Half somersault

I am not a patient of Dr. Foster but saw her video on UTube about vertigo which I have been suffering with for 7 weeks, I've been given the big run around with my GP, sent to a neurologist who referred me to a OT/PT, enough already this is crazy, so I started to research this myself and came across Dr. Fosters video, I tried the maneuver which was the half somersault and that was it, done,gone, that simple, wish I would have seen this sooner, would have saved me so much time and frustration, I hope you read this Dr. Foster because I want to say THANK YOU for posting that video and finding a simple "Do it yourself" method.

One size fits all

With other disorders maybe Dr. Foster is more thorough but when it comes to my situation which can be quite classic it felt like a one size fits all. I have Menieres and Vestibular Migraines. Dr. Foster told me I do not have Menieres and that I only have vestibular migraines. She went on to explain that Menieres is a one size fits all diagnosis for being dizzy and not knowing why. Anyone who has Menieres for any length of time already knows this. It seemed to me that she was making a semantic change to my condition by stating it's only vestibular migraines. She suggested some dietary differences to control migraines and then told me to stop taking my Menieres Meds (Diazide). She told me I can follow up with my GP and I don't need to come back to her. It seemed as though she thought she was giving my some great gift or surprising me with removing the Menieres diagnosis. She did little to effect my symptoms and clearly seemed disinterested in whether or not her suggestions to me (stopping meds and dietary changes) would work as she told me to follow up with my GP. It all seemed quite careless and arrogant. She seemed somewhat flippant about my protest that the Menieres treatments I had received were valuable and had controlled symptoms in the past. All she did was hand me her photocopied one size fits all form for controlling migraines and told me to "get ready" because menopause is going to be really bad. I spend several thousand dollars on testing and hours at the office to be a part of her revolutionary stance on Vestibular issues that to me seems more like a mere semantic issue than any true original work with any merit.

Dr. Carol A Foster is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aurora, CO.