Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Carol A Aghajanian has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Carol A Aghajanian has the following 7 expertise
- Developmental Disorders
- Gestational Trophoblastic Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Cancerous Tumor
Dr. Carol A Aghajanian is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol A Aghajanian - Posted on November 16th, 2018
intimidating, bullying and frightened
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol A Aghajanian - Posted on March 8th, 2010
perhaps it's the fear of dealing with cancer, perhaps it's realizing the gravity of the situation, but attemtping a dialogue about one's treatment with dr aghajanian is like trying to reason with a guillotine operator. there's only one way out. and if you don't like it, she'll send her scores of minions to harrass and harangue and terrify you into following her way. i am sure she means the best, but i wouldn't recommend her for anything except perhaps a nurse in a reform school for incorrigible teenagers. if you've got her as your doctor, she will definitely knock out your cancer. but she might take the rest of your body along with it and just assume it's a casualty of battle.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol A Aghajanian - Posted on November 13th, 2008
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Carol A Aghajanian Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Carol A Aghajanian
I am a medical oncologist who focuses exclusively on the medical treatment of gynecologic cancers. I also lead MSKCC's research program in chemotherapy for patients newly diagnosed with ovarian cancer and have a particular expertise in the management of both advanced gestational trophoblastic disease (GTD) and germ cell tumors of the ovary. In addition, I am the co-principal investigator for Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center's participation in the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) and serve on the Phase I committee and the Medical Oncology Committee for the GOG. My recent honors include a career development award from the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Boyer Award for outstanding young investigators at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
Locations & DirectionsMEMORIAL SLOAN KETTERING CANCER CENTER, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY
Dr. Carol A Aghajanian is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.