Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carol B Alan MD
Dr. Carol B Alan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sumter, SC, with another office in Sumter, SC. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. She speaks English.
Dr. Carol B Alan has 2 locations
Dr. Carol B Alan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Carol B Alan has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
26 Years Experience
- Johns Hopkins University
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Carol B Alan Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Carol B Alan
Dr. Carol Alan joined SFHC’s staff in 2006 and serves as SFHC’s staff Obstetrician/Gynecologist. Dr. Alan is a Board Certified OB/GYN and Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. A native of Winston-Salem, NC, she received her doctorate of medicine from Johns Hopkins University and completed her residency at Duke University.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Carol B Alan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sumter, SC.