Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carol Altman MD
Dr. Carol Altman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, ME. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Altman is affiliated with Maine Medical Center - Brighton Campus, Mercy Westbrook Hospital and Mercy Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Carol Altman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Carol Altman has the following 3 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol Altman - Posted on February 10th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol Altman - Posted on November 18th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol Altman - Posted on October 13th, 2010
She really knows her stuff!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol Altman - Posted on April 30th, 2008
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Altman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Maine Medical Center - Brighton Campus
Mercy Westbrook Hospital
Maine Medical Center
38 Years Experience
University of Pittsburgh
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Carol Altman Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Carol Altman's office for more information.
84 Marginal Way Portland, ME : (207) 874-2445
Locations & Directions84 Marginal Way, Portland, ME
Dr. Carol Altman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, ME.