Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carol A Burke has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Colonic Polyps
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Intestinal Polyps
- Colon Cancer
- Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Intestine Cancer (Duodenal Neoplasm)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Colon Cancer (Sigmoid Neoplasms)
Showing 5 of 9
I did not care for this doctor's bedside manner. I saw her to seek a second opinion on a GI matter that I have had. I felt she was more focused on other health issues that I have that are non GI related, & out of her field. They also had nothing to do with why I saw her. I also felt she pushed her personal political, and holistic views on me. I will not be seeing her again, & will seek another opinion elsewhere.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
30 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Carol A Burke accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carol A Burke in this video.
Dr. Carol A Burke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.