Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carol M Gaines has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Carol M Gaines has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 61
I was told to arrive 15 min early for my appointment. I think I arrived 14 min and 30 early. The receptionist was very pleasant, took my info and I started to fill out my papers. My appointment was at 10:30 and around 10:25 the doctor came out and said "she doesn't have time for this, she's extremely busy and I would have to reschedule". Keep in mind I was the only one in the waiting room. The doctor was extremely rude about this. The receptionist offered to make me a follow up appointment but I declined, saying I will go to a friendlier, more caring doctor. I look at this as a blessing in disguise because now I can find a doctor that is pleasant and not so rude.
I had a precription that dr gaines would renew for a year. When I had my appointment she refilled it, but did not inform me about that it was only for 3 months.It was hormone replacement, so did not require blood work, etc. I was going away for the weekend and when I tried to fill there were no refills. It was a Tuesday morning and I was leaving Friday. I was informed that I would need an appointment to get a refill. I had just seen her 3 months prior. I called to get an appointment and was told I would they could not get me in for 3 weeks. I contacted the nurse again to ask for a one refill and that I would be in three weeks. I let her know that it was the 1st appointment I could get. dr gaines, once again, refused to fill it even for one month! We have gone our separate ways!!!
27 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Carol M Gaines accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Hospital At The Pavillions, 5535 S Williamson Blvd Ste 700, Port Orange, FL
Dr. Carol M Gaines is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Orange, FL.