Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carol K Hermann has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Carol K Hermann has the following 17 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Dementia Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- EOL Care
Dr. Carol K Hermann is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Herman is something else. She loves to hear herself pontificate about this and that. Very quick to be decisive in how to move forward with a patient despite family members opinions, IF she listens to family members at all. The fact that Dr (and I use that title very loosely) Herman truly believes that she can understand a patient using a 10-15 minute observation with conflicting family members is ludicrous, as is the fact that she holds the position of chief of psychiatry. My mom has dementia, and this woman has made this experience and disease more dreadful than I can imagine. So in short if you are a madochist. Go ahead use her. If you value your self worth, believe you should be respected as a human being, and like speaking with someone vs. being spoken to find another psychiatrist cause in my honest opinion she needs to retire.
39 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Carol K Hermann accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsZucker Hillside Hospital, 7559 263rd St, Glen Oaks, NY
Dr. Carol K Hermann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Oaks, NY.