Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carol J Nelson
Dr. Carol J Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with University Of Minnesota Masonic Childrens Hospital and University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview East Bank. She speaks English.
Dr. Carol J Nelson has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Carol J Nelson has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Carol J Nelson has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carol J Nelson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I feel in good hands with Dr. Nelson. I like having someone who is so versatile; I appreciate she has both Internal Medicine and Family Practice certifications so I can go to just her every year instead of two separate physicians. She stays current, explains new procedures or techniques and answers my (many) questions thoughtfully. I have switched to different physicians that cost me a bit less out of pocket, but I keep going back because it is SO NICE to have a doctor you trust and you like too.
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Carol J Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBoynton Health Services, 410 Church St SE, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Carol J Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.