Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carol Jessop
Dr. Carol Jessop, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Jessop is affiliated with Eden Medical Center - Eden Campus, Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus and Alta Bates Medical Summit Center - Herrick Campus. Dr. Jessop has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Carol Jessop has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Carol Jessop saved my husbands life! He had become increasingly disabled over a four year period following two back surgeries a year apart, from which he never recovered. He had been losing the use of his legs and was in constant and increasing pain, and afraid of becoming addicted, he would Never exceed what the dr's prescribed him. By using methadone for pain treatment, he was able to then slowly cut back once he was out of pain enough to be able to go to physical therapy and walk freely. After 9 months from when we first saw Dr. Jessop (who makes house calls because her patients are all in bad shape to start, that is why we seek her out) my husband now only takes a half a pain pill in the morning, and is back to digging up the garden in the spring as he always loved to do!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Jessop is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Eden Medical Center - Eden Campus
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
Alta Bates Medical Summit Center - Herrick Campus
John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
Alta Bates Medical Group
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
35 Years Experience
University of California at San Francisco
Graduated in 1978
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions5349 College Ave, Oakland, CA
Dr. Carol Jessop is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.