Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carol Kashefi MD
Dr. Carol Kashefi has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Carol Kashefi has the following 8 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
Dr. Carol Kashefi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol Kashefi - Posted on December 1st, 2018
Excellent Dr. with excellent people skills
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol Kashefi - Posted on April 26th, 2018
I saw Dr Kashefi after my doctor said my PSA numbers went up. I was able to see her the next day and had very little waiting time. Her staff is excellent and Dr. Kashefi examined me. She said I might want to get a biopsy or I could wait and see if my numbers go up. I decided to do the biopsy and it was done within the week. Dr. Kashefi took the time to explain everything she was going to do which helped me relax. After the results were in, she called me to tell me I had cancer in my prostate and scheduled a meeting right away at the end of her work day, so she could take all the time I needed to ask questions. She offered options and support and was very caring. She and her staff were excellent and I would recommend her to all of my friends and family!
Insensitive Doctor and Staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol Kashefi - Posted on March 2nd, 2017
Horrible, I repeat HORRIBLE experience. I had an emergency situation that required contacting Dr. Kashefi for an appointment as soon as possible. I called the office and she was on lunch so I left a message stating that it was an urgent situation. Three hours later there was no call back. I ended up calling them again and the staff was extremely rude and told me that Dr. Kashefi was busy and couldn't see me for a couple of days. They did not even want to hear about my situation and were giving me attitude when I asked if there was anyway I could speak to her. They passed me along to a different receptionist who was awful. She was giving me attitude about how loud my phone was and kept repeating herself rudely after I had answered her questions. I started complaining to her about the horrible service I was receiving during this pressing and stressful situation and she gave me attitude and then HUNG UP ON ME. This was seriously the WORST, ABSOLUTELY WORST experience I have had. I ended up calling a different urologist at Pomerado who was friendly and got me in for an appointment right away. Stay away from this doctor and her staff at all costs.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol Kashefi - Posted on November 19th, 2015
I would not recommend this urologist. She had a sarcastic, arrogant demeanor, especially when I attempted to have a real discussion with her about the source of my symptoms and have input about what diagnostic testing I could tolerate. She actually mocked me to my face in front of my husband when I inquired about sedation for a cystoscopy. Thankfully, I followed an extremely stricter IC diet than she proposed and delayed having the cystoscopy until I felt less inflamed and ready. And I insisted on sedation, which was definitely necessary in my case. If I ever have a flareup, I will be looking to an empathic doctor who respects her/his patients' input.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Carol Kashefi - Posted on April 28th, 2015
16 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 2003
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Carol Kashefi Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSCRIPPS GREEN HOSPITAL, 10666 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carol Kashefi, MD - Urology in La Jolla, CA, in this video.
Dr. Carol Kashefi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.