Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carol Kashefi
Dr. Carol Kashefi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Urology. Dr. Kashefi is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Scripps Mercy Hospital. Dr. Kashefi has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Carol Kashefi has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Carol Kashefi has the following 8 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
Dr. Carol Kashefi has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carol Kashefi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
Horrible, I repeat HORRIBLE experience. I had an emergency situation that required contacting Dr. Kashefi for an appointment as soon as possible. I called the office and she was on lunch so I left a message stating that it was an urgent situation. Three hours later there was no call back. I ended up calling them again and the staff was extremely rude and told me that Dr. Kashefi was busy and couldn't see me for a couple of days. They did not even want to hear about my situation and were giving me attitude when I asked if there was anyway I could speak to her. They passed me along to a different receptionist who was awful. She was giving me attitude about how loud my phone was and kept repeating herself rudely after I had answered her questions. I started complaining to her about the horrible service I was receiving during this pressing and stressful situation and she gave me attitude and then HUNG UP ON ME. This was seriously the WORST, ABSOLUTELY WORST experience I have had. I ended up calling a different urologist at Pomerado who was friendly and got me in for an appointment right away. Stay away from this doctor and her staff at all costs.
I would not recommend this urologist. She had a sarcastic, arrogant demeanor, especially when I attempted to have a real discussion with her about the source of my symptoms and have input about what diagnostic testing I could tolerate. She actually mocked me to my face in front of my husband when I inquired about sedation for a cystoscopy. Thankfully, I followed an extremely stricter IC diet than she proposed and delayed having the cystoscopy until I felt less inflamed and ready. And I insisted on sedation, which was definitely necessary in my case. If I ever have a flareup, I will be looking to an empathic doctor who respects her/his patients' input.
This doctor definitely has issues. She is snotty, she is rude, she is late, she has herself up an a pedestle and all of this applies to her staff too. If she is nice/ service oriented etc. it no doubt is very difficult for her. I don't say this lightly but, she should probably get some therapy. As far as the glowing reviews goes, they had to have been posted by her or her friends.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kashefi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 2003
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Carol Kashefi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsScripps Green Hospital, 10666 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carol Kashefi in this video.
Dr. Carol Kashefi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.