Dr. Carol Kovanda Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Carol Kovanda?

Posted on July 16th, 2013

I definitely recommend Dr. Kovanda, not only is she extremely knowledgeable but she is kind and caring. She will spend as much time as necessary with you, never making you feel like she is in a hurry. Very professional and calm demeanor. Overall great lady and great doctor!

Find a Different Physician

Posted on June 14th, 2013

If you are a woman in your mid-twenties, you should find a different physician. Although I am a young mother, I am very knowledgable about my body, and I was alarmed by Dr. Kovanda's condescending personality. During our appointment, Dr. Kovanda said "I knew what was wrong with you before I even entered the room." Such blatant superiority is a sign that Dr. Kovanda should soon seek retirement. She asked "yes or no" questions throughout the appointment, performed a very limited physical exam, and offered no advice or even comfort at the close of the appointment. My visit was a waste of both time and money, and I will not be returning.

Bait and Switch

Posted on September 29th, 2012

Dr Kovanda did a "bait and switch" on me. I chose her because she was one of the few female O.B.s in town. I told her at our first meeting that I wanted a natural, vaginal birth. She agreed that my birth plan would be supported. My visits were extremely brief. She never spent more than 5 minutes with me. I had a very healthy and uneventful pregnancy. Towards the end I brought up my birth plan at 3 appointments and she brushed me off with "next time." Finally, at 36 weeks she was willing to talk and she said that most births require pitocin so natural wasn't possible. I left in tears, betrayed by the doctor I had trusted. In the end she falsely diagnosed low amniotic fluid (subsequent care providers reviewed my records) and sent me to the hospital for an induction. When she checked on me she insisted on AROM. As soon as my copious amount of amniotic fluid started to flow out she looked at me and said that she was off for the weekend.That was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life.

Great doctor

Posted on February 13th, 2011

I have been very happy with Dr. Kovanda. She knows what she is doing and does not hesitate to consult with other experts before presenting all options. Although she does not have a really outgoing personality she has always taken the time to make sure all of my questions are thoroughly answered. I was in the hospital twice (once with pre-term labor and again when I actually had the baby) and she came by to check on me at least once a day even during my recovery. The office and staff are very nice and there usually is not a very long wait (the exception is when you are getting an ultrasound, prepare for it to back up quickly).

Posted on November 8th, 2010

I trust her judgement and felt she diagnosed the problem quickly and after spending time and hearing solutions I was pleased and felt she's very knowledgeable.

appointment anxiety

Posted on May 30th, 2010

Fr. Kovanda's professionalism and bedside manner relieve any anxiety I feel regarding this type of examination. I trust her competency and have referred friends to Dr. Kovanda.

Spotting and would not see me

Posted on September 15th, 2008

I had recently had one miscarriage when I started spotting again with another pregnancy. I was begging for an appointment and for the doctor to see me. I was told by her nurse they would not see me until week 10. I was blown off by the nurse many times who did not take my issue seriously. I had finally actually miscarried at week 9 due to low progesterone. I was not happy with her nurse.

Good Doctor - poor bedside manner

Posted on August 11th, 2008

I had a poor experiance with this doctor - she had a rediculously bad attitude / bedside manner with me, and has no personality. However, I believe she is a competant doctor. Regardless, I would never see her - and have not ever since.

Posted on August 10th, 2016