Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Carol L Lamb has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carol L Lamb has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Carol L Lamb has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carol L Lamb is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Carol Lamb has been my primary doctor for 5 years now & I feel so fortunate to have been referred to her as I know I will not need to find another doctor unless I move out of this area which I have no intentions of doing. If what you look for in a doctor is someone who does not keep you waiting, answers all your questions/addresses any concerns-then she is the doctor for you.
My husband and I both see Dr. Lamb and are both very appreciative of her compassion and professionalism. My only concern is that there is no DIRECT communication with her, i.e, no email address, no voice mail where you can leave a message, no phone extension number. I have the cell phone number of my children's pediatrician. In over 10 years, I have used it only TWICE, and only because I could not get appropriate answers from his gatekeepers. In Dr. Lamb's case, you have to go through the BUSINESS MANAGER who, when you call, gives advice in the guise of "trying to help", and asks questions only Dr. Lamb should be asking. I am an RN and am very concerned about privacy violations.Otherwise, I would recommend Dr. Lamb to anyone.
Our family has been seen by Dr. Lamb for years, however over the past several visits, her CNA/RN (assuming she is a CNA) has been short, rude and unprofessional. She has scoffed at questions I have had and has been completely out of touch and has inappropriate bedside manner. I have since left this Doctor's office and will find a new primary care physician.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Lamb is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1985
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Carol L Lamb accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
Locations & DirectionsJohn Muir Health, 4165 Blackhawk Plaza Cir Ste 265, Danville, CA
Dr. Carol L Lamb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danville, CA.