Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carol E Miyake has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carol E Miyake has the following 14 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Lipid Disorders
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Nutritional Support
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
Dr. Carol E Miyake has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carol E Miyake is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I agree with the other reviews. Dr. Miyake is not supportive, she not able to establish a patient-doctor rapport, and does not address concerns. I called her office and let her staff know that I was looking for a PCP (she is listed as an internal medicine doctor with a specialty in endocrinology/metabolism by my insurance company). In her office she said she is does not act as an internal medicine doctor anymore and that my insurance probably wouldn't cover this visit since she had nothing to diagnose me with based on her "conversation" with me. My main concern was my weight gain of ~10 lbs per year for 10 years (since giving birth to my daughter) for a total of 100 lbs. She didn't ask about diet or exercise. I volunteered my weight loss efforts - weight watchers, some weight loss apps, plus I exercise for 1 hour a day 5 times per week. She lectured me about how I most likely eat more than I think and am less active than when I was younger. I asked if she would prescribe phentermine. She told me she does not believe in weight loss medication. She gave me a prescription to get blood work done. I left totally defeated.
37 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Carol E Miyake accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNew Century Medical Associates, 1 Webster Ave Ste 301, Poughkeepsie, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carol E Miyake in this video.
Dr. Carol E Miyake is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poughkeepsie, NY.