Dr. Carol Newill Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carol Newill?

Doctor's Office Should Update Their Records!

Posted on September 27th, 2012

I quickly found a new doctor 5+ years ago after Dr Newill was rude, uncaring and unprofessional to me. Now 5+ years later, I get a letter from her/her office (it seems I'm one of her "Dear Patients"), advising me of her new location, assuring me that her practice will continue to be her "private practice" (what does that mean?), and promising that I will continue to receive the same, personal attention ....blah, blah, blah (Really? the same personal care?) If Dr Newill is going to send out a generic form letter to everybody she's ever treated, her office staff could at least update their records and remove former patients. I don't appreciate any reminder of being a patient of hers.

Best Internist I have ever had

Posted on April 23rd, 2012

Dr. Newill is a thoughtful and excellent physician. She has helped me several times discover what was ailing me - usually in just one visit. I appreciate that she listens to me. She is an excellent diagnostician. I highly recommend Dr. Newill.

Great doctor. Happy long time patient.

Posted on February 17th, 2012

I find Dr. Newill to be a great doctor. She has treated me for a long time and has always been available to consult on short notice, whether for an asthma flare or a sinus infection. She always took great care of my health by giving me good advice on my condition and suggesting life style changes to improve my overall health.

Caring, intelligent physician

Posted on November 24th, 2011

Am very glad my sister recommended that I go to her. This doctor has diagnosed my main problem, and has helped me understand how to deal with it. Her secretary always finds a time in the schedule for her to see me when I need to, too!

My favorite doctor

Posted on August 20th, 2011

Dr.Newill is great at diagnosing problems, and she also really seems to care about me as a person with those problems. She has given me advice that ranges from a recipe for gargling, and ideas about calcium despite my lactose intolerance, to prescriptions for medicines that have worked well for me. She tries to prescribe generics which helps control the cost. Her receptionist, Denise, has always been nice to me, and even made an appointment for me with a specialist when Dr.Newill said I should be seen right away.

Posted on April 15th, 2011

I wanted a doctor who was very knowledgeable but not in a big practice, who would get to know me, would provide continuity of care, and make appropriate specialty referrals for my issues. Dr. Newill fits that perfectly. She is a Hopkins doctor who also has a PhD. She has been my primary care for about three years. Once when we had a particular issue, she even called her colleagues at NIH for the latest research. When I needed a referral and requested a woman, she recommended two, and told me about their practices, which really helped me make a good decision. Her staff is Denise, so I always know who is on the other end of the phone. If you want a big practice and lots of in-house services, she is probably not what you are seeking. If you want a modern "Dr. Welby" and a woman, and don't care whether the office saw a professional decorator, this choice is a win-win. The only down-side is predictable; sometimes she looks tired! But she still looks interested in you.

Posted on March 12th, 2011

My overall experience was excellent. I had an urgent problem, and I was seen that afternoon. Dr.Newill figured out the problem. The treatment she advised really helped me. I will continue to ask for her medical help.

Posted on July 12th, 2010

While Dr. Newill is good at diagnosing medical problems, I find her to be unprofessional and not all that caring either. She is very poor at answering questions and truly listening to her patients. She also rushes you in and out and makes you come back for another appt. if you have more than a couple of questions. Lastly, her receptionist is very rude and makes you feel like you are bothering her whenever you need something. Not to mention the fact that they make you come to the office to pick up referrals at times, instead of faxing them over to the doctor, etc. So great at diagnosing, but poor at everything else.

Posted on November 7th, 2012