Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Carol R Rapson
Dr. Carol R Rapson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Lansing, MI. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rapson is affiliated with Hayes Green Beach Memorial Hospital and Sparrow Clinton Hospital. Dr. Rapson has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Carol R Rapson has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Interventional Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Carol Rapson is a one of a kind doctor. She has more knowledge about the different forms of cancer then any other oncologist. When she meets with you she sits down and makes you believe that you are the most important person in the world to her. I have complete trust in whatever decision she makes. My trust has to be earned and believe me it isn't easy but she earned it after my first long appointment with her. She answered ALL of my questions and there were lots of them. She's a Saint and life saver in my eyes.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Rapson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Michigan State University
Dr. Carol R Rapson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRed Cedar Oncology, 1550 Watertower Pl Ste 500, East Lansing, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carol R Rapson in this video.
Dr. Carol R Rapson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Lansing, MI.