Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carole Lerman has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carole Lerman has the following 4 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Carole Lerman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
I was recommended to see a neurologist, and a friend of mine, who went to Dr. Lerman, advised me to go, The office staff was friendly and warm, and my waiting time was about 15 minutes. Dr. Lerman was friendly and professional. She asked me my history in depth, and performed an extensive examination, never like I had before! She sent me for some tests, and diagnosed my problem. In a few months, I got better, and she saw me every 3 weeks in follow-up. I could always recommend ,with safety, Dr. Lerman as a top neurologist.
Dr. Lerman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore University Hospital
31 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions833 Northern Blvd, Great Neck, NY
Dr. Carole Lerman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Great Neck, NY.