Dr. Carole Neuman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carole Neuman?

Save your money Go to a qualified OBGYN

Posted on January 21st, 2015

Was hospitalized for chronic fibroid resulting in 5 blood transfusions. Saw me first day and never came back insisting staff discharge me despite my hemoglobin score was consistently low!!! Apparently we can blood transfuse ourselves at home. Memorial hospital refused to discharge me per her instructions insisting I be sent home and treated outpatient. Adding insult to injury she told the only time she came to see me that at the follow up appointment she would be discharging me as a patient. She tells me this after another OBGYN also with Memorial hospital informed me that the D&C procedure she performed on me in Oct. had zero benefit to someone with Uterine Fibroid! It's always fun to learn you have been ripped off for thousands of dollars so you can tossed like trash while critically ill!

What a waste of time

Posted on September 30th, 2014

Horrible, rude, uncaring, I had concerns for my breasts being incredibly sore and swollen for a month she told me it might be caffeine, seriously? Incredibly painful intercourse and abnormal bleeding all she did was a two minute hand pelvic exam was rude when I ask questions and then sent me on my way with antibiotics without even checking to see if I had a bacterial infection no breast exam no swabs nothing horrible

Discrace to Womens Healthcare

Posted on October 29th, 2013

This practice has been a disappointment. I rarely go as far as leaving negative feedback for anything but my experience warranted sharing. I've gone for three separate services and each time it was a disaster. For my annual I decided to see Dr. Neuman because I made the assumption that with her experience that she had to be better than the rest of the staff there. I was WRONG! She did not bother to read my file to see that my IUD was removed (at her facility no less only 2 weeks prior) instead she spoke to me about it being implanted, she didn't bother to look at the strong history of breast and ovarian cancer in my family, so was ill prepared to take care of me as a patient. As if that isn't bad enough her exam last 2 minutes. There was no breast exam and I felt the pap smear was 2nd rate. I would NOT recommend this practice or physician to anyone. She ordered a test and never bothered to call and follow up with results. Instead the lab facility was the only way I knew about results. When I called with concerns they would not patch me through to Dr. Neuman instead I spoke with a nurse.

Financial Scam?

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Neuman for many years. While there had been times I felt she was too rushed and not personable enough, I continued to go because I felt she was knowledgeable and honest. I've recently begun a new job in which my insurance is not started yet, so I pay for everything at 100% myself. First of all, with every appointment there's a "standard" pregnancy test, which they charge an extra $16 for. WHY the need to do that in a woman with POS that's over 40? Anyway, when I called the 800 number given after having a routine pap (that I paid $225 in total for because a test for yeast infection was done also), the recording said normal. The next day I get a call from her office stating it was abnormal and I had to come in for a procedure called colopo test to test for pre-cancerous cells (that was another $300) that came back normal. This was all just a month ago. I called the office last week with an issue of having a prolonged menstrual cycle. I was given ANOTHER pap for another $140 and was told I had to have 2 MORE procedures done, one that will cost $800 and another that will cost $230 OUT OF POCKET, both to check for "precancerous cells" (AGAIN) instead of doing what she did that last time I had this issue, and simply prescribe birth control. The young lady who checks patients out and handles payments asked me was I still self pay. When I said yes, SHE informed me of how much these procedures will be, and asked if one of them could be done as OB service instead, which turned out to be about $600 less. If Neuman could see what she needed to with the lesser cost procedure, WHY set me up to have the other one to begin with, KNOWING that I'm self pay? I left there disgusted, and feeling like a fool for having giving so much of my hard earned money to her over the last few months, and I will NOT be returning. There are too many good doctors to put up with this type of treatment.

A waste of time and $140

Posted on February 14th, 2013

I booked this appt with Dr Neuman after reviewing a few other OB/GYNS because of her experience. NEVER in my life have I EVER had a gynecological exam that lasted FIVE MINUTES. It wasn't even really an exam...no swabs, no nothing. She talked to me about another 5 min and then sent me on my way because there was no "in house" ultrasound facility so that was going to be ANOTHER appt and another $150+. What a complete waste of time. The appt accomplished absolutely NOTHING.

Awful bedside manner

Posted on August 23rd, 2011

I first was reffered out to Dr. Neuman because of what was suspected to be endometriosis, which she DID diagnose but WITHOUT taking a look. I was also diagnosed with uterine fibroids, poly-cystic ovaries, and adenomyosis. She performed a complete hysterectomy, and while doing so nicked my bladder. I understand that things like that happen, however I ended up needing a blood transfusion and she NEVER SHOWED UP. I saw her before I was put under, and a week later when I was released. Otherwise, not at all. Very dissapointed in her behavior, have since switched doctors.

Posted on April 1st, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Neuman for 19 years, she delivered both my babies, now 15 and 18 and I have recommended her to all my friends. My daughter is now seeing her. You will love her.

Posted on December 1st, 2010