Dr. Caroline Cribari Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Caroline Cribari?

bad experience

Posted on February 11th, 2016

Terrible experience. I think she was high, she talked 100 miles an hour and even spoke about her former drug problems as she went on and on about herself. It was the strangest visit with a doctor I've ever been on. If I were to learn she was actually a patient impersonating a psychiatrist I would of believed it. I'm surprised she's allowed to practice medicine. Her diagnosis was random and not based on communication or my medical history. I complained to the office and saw another doctor.

A warm and compassionate soul...

Posted on December 3rd, 2013

It gives me hope that there are people like Dr. Cribari in this world. To me, I wouldn't choose not to have met her, despite the long waits and occasional cancellations. I did feel let down a few times when I really needed her help. I got through it on my own though... However, I feel that I have an amazing connection with her. She really gave me hope, comfort, and understanding when I most needed it. I feel very blessed.

Charismatic but Inconsistent and Unreliable

Posted on November 29th, 2013

Dr. Cribari was an amazing physician for me who corrected my course from devastating depression to newfound stability. It pains me to say that I cannot recommend her in good faith. Her charisma and warm aura allows you to forget about the 1 hour wait times, the last minute cancellations and schedule shifts (30 min postpone turns into 90 min very quickly with her). She truly seems to have no sense for time because when she is with a patient, she is extremely focused in the moment. I remember going longer than expected in an appointment with her (after starting quite late), and hearing the call of the person waiting to start their apartment. And the guilt knowing that she would probably not conclude our appointment for an additional 30-45 minutes, and that that person would just be waiting there, told after each subsequent call that "I'll be with you in a minute". Then you would get charged for the extra hour even if you did not intend on staying that long, with no warning on her part. Maybe it was my job to keep track of the duration of our appointments, but I feel it is the responsibility of the doctor to set those boundaries when they come. The thing about Dr. Cribari is she really does care about you. But her unreliability and inconsistency can do terrible things for someone whose mental health is in bad shape. People with brain illness need consistency and she seems at times incapable of providing it. You can't count on her to submit necessary paperwork on time without constant reminders. I remember with previous psychiatrists, they would do it in a timely manner after being asked once, and then relay it to me shortly after that it has been completed. Not so with her. Sometimes she is a caring listener, but other times she monopolizes the conversation and you are billed for 2 hours when you only wanted 1 and you didn't even get to talk about your real concerns but the conversation gets derailed. She gives hugs at the beginning and end of each session which might make some people uncomfortable. I know I could have done a lot better on communicating these issues with her, and I know she would have been receptive. But I felt too uncomfortable to do so and stayed in the status quo. Transitioning to a new doctor after her unexpected departure (with very short notice) from her current practice has been a nightmare to say the least. I was already on the verge of leaving after finding therapy - the stress and feeling like I was not "driving" the sessions - to be ineffective. I witness the masked horror in others in the psychiatric field when I describe the hour long waits, the frequent changes in schedule, the not keeping promises on tasks she says she will do, and the fact that she abandoned her practice only giving her current patients 2 weeks or so notice at best. This was especially devastating for those in TMS, as it is difficult to find another provider for that treatment within a tight timeframe. It's painful because you forge a connection with her and you forgive her each time for her lateness and inconsistency when you see her because she radiates empathy and warmth. But in the end it feels like you are caught in a helpless cycle, where you can't depend on the person you need to be the most stable. My next psychiatrist is going to be organized, punctual, reliable, and more emotionally stable because I do not know if she can in good faith practice as an ethical provider at this point. It is tragic and pains me to say all of this because when it was good, it was the best therapy I had ever had. But when it's bad, it's worse than no mental health treatment at all, because you go crazy worrying whether you will have therapy when you are scheduled to have it, you wonder if you should just start to show up an hour late as a regular practice, and stress that she will not do the things she says she will. She has still not transferred my medical records to my new doctor, which I urgently require. As far as I can tell, she has been MIA for weeks. I think that someone who needs psychiatric assistance will be better served by a more stable situation. The highs with her are incomparable, but the lows ultimately make it not worth it.

Posted on May 23rd, 2010

She is awesome doctor, very caring and lovely. She is helping me a lot.

Posted on February 18th, 2017