Dr. Caroline M Hernandez Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Caroline M Hernandez?

Negligence

Let me begin by saying that my visit with Dr. Hernandez was the worst! The first day I went, it took the front staff 30 minutes to provide me with new patient paperwork and ONLY because I mentioned that I had been waiting for quite a long time after my scheduled appt. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't have ever noticed. The front desk lady blamed the previous staff member that failed to assist me with paperwork when I first arrived...very unprofessional! Then when I finally met the doctor, she seemed very distant, uninterested, and her hygiene was awful. If you are familiar with hormone therapy and the details of a patient's hormonal history, you would know that it doesn't take a doctor 5 minutes to consult during this delicate stage of a woman's life. She then ordered some bloodwork and I had to make the call to find out if the results were in and proceeded to schedule an appt for pellet insertion. They did not call me, I TOOK INITIATIVE ON MY OWN! When I went for the 2nd time to receive the pellet, guess what?? Someone messed up my bloodwork! Yeah! I understand we are not perfect, BUT being a professional, preparation is vital when dealing with people and their needs. It seems to me that Dr. H did not prepare herself before my appt and frankly it leads me to believe that she NEVER prepares before her day begins. My husband took half a day off just to take me to my appt and to find out that nothing will be done to me that day. It could have been prevented if ONLY Dr. H would have looked at my info and notice that there was a problem. So, I get bloodwork ordered again, (free of charge), is how they called it.. that's a laugh! When my results came in, I was called to go in and have my procedure done. I walk in and a front desk clerk tells me I need to fill out paperwork and I said no...I already did. It just gives me this disgusting sense that this office is not organized at all! I finally see the doctor, and let me just say that before any procedure is done to a patient, their vitals should be checked, NOTHING! Did I mention I have a history of high blood pressure and taking medication? Yeah, go figure! So, to my appalling experience, the doctor comes in and asks the same questions she asked on our first visit, which were about 4 in total. She then asked if i were pregnant or thinking about conceiving.... and I told her that I did mention that in the 10-15 page paperwork I filled out on my first visit that my husband had a vasectomy. Which, again, makes me wonder, "What's the purpose of filling out paperwork, if you're not gonna review my symptoms and past history?" Dr. H did not sit down with me to go over my bloodwork results or even showed me the results. When I asked her if I needed to take progesterone, she LIED to me and said I did not need it, but the fact of the matter, is that she didn't test it. Unless, I read the bloodwork results wrong or that she didn't review the results with me, there is no indication that my progesterone level was tested. When one is tested for hormone therapy...ALL HORMONE levels should be tested! She then continues with the procedure without telling me how many pellets she was inserting until I asked her while doing the insertion. I asked the nurse to give me a copy of my bloodwork results after the doctor left. No aftercare instructions were provided to take home. Let me just say....A $45 travel facial cream promotion package isnt going to satisfy ALL the wrong and mistakes made by Dr. H and her staff.

Horrible Beside Manner

I had to see her once when the NP was out of the office. No introduction. She is totally in the wrong field. Shame on you.

office visit

I changed primary care and I'm very satisfied. Dr. Hernandez Has not only help me physically but changed mentally my whole life. I am a diabetic, high blood pressure and also have fibromyalgia, she introduces me to the bio-tech pellets which I got about a month ago. And now I am pleased to say my whole life has change I am full of energy live a no pain life and losing weight and maintaining my life thanks to Dr. Hernandez .. Making that change was a great idea.. She always checks on me and explains my blood work to me and gives me positive information .. So if you feel tired depress or live a painful life please go see Dr. Hernandez ...

Horrible bedside manner

Years ago I went to Dr. Hernandez as I needed a primary care physician. First visit was like pulling teeth to get her to engage. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years after my first visit with Dr. Hernandez she was unprofessional, offered no assistance for a referral to an oncologist or breast surgeon and once again had little or no compassion for her patient. I liked the staff so I started seeing the Nurse Practicioner at the clinic and couldn't be more pleased. Glad I did not stick with her for care.... not sure what my outcome might have been had I not made the change. Sadly she may have picked the wrong profession. Maybe better suited for medical research and academia. Certainly not one on one patient care.

Not thrilled with this Doctor

I have had two visits with her. Saw her first for blood test results that had been ordered previously by a NP who was no longer there. It was obvious she "Had" to see me and it was a real bother for her. Spent about 3 minutes with me, barely making eye contact. I always see the NP and like it that way. My second encounter with Ms. Hernandez was for a problem I was having with neck pain and vertigo. Again, no eye contact and you could tell I was an interruption in her day. My wife called for appointment with an ortho dr who was very caring and ordered an MRI right away. I have 2 vertebra in my neck causing the pain and causing the vertigo symptoms when I am looking down. If the regular NP I usually see, who really takes an interest in my care ever leaves, I will too! Will not put up with such an arrogant doctor. Without patients to your practice you have nothing. Caroline......take a good look around and get a grip before its too late!!!!! By the way, love the staff and have never had an issue with any of them.

Dr Hernandez was my doctor for 2 years.....I never met her. Whenever an appointment was made I was seen by her PA. I even requested to see her and still was given PA. I do not think I even ever saw her in the office.

Honest person

Went to her for convenience. But realize now in my older age -- I must find a doctor who cares ab out my health! No more kidding around. She doesn't seem to care. Probably sees me and my insurance company coverage as a way to pay for her expensive new office. She chats for 3 minutes about nothing. Constantly looks at the laptop that she carries with her everywhere. Suddenly sends me off to get more lab work. Does not give me results of previous lab work -- unless I remember to ask -- within 3 minutes. If I forget to ask -- oh well. I'll have to pay another co-pay! Don't call office -- for results. Will put you on hold and click.

nice and profesional

always listens to what i have to say and then talks with me about my problems. Pearl at the front is wonderful. She knows my voice over the phone and pulls up my file before I can say who it is. Never going to another doctor again!

Terrible Doctor!! Don't go! She is very rude! Stresses you out more instead of helping. Is extremely apathetic.

THE LAST 3 VISITS I HAD WITH THIS DR. SHE DID NOT TOUCH ME, ONLY SIT AND LOOKED OVER WHAT THE GIRL HAD ASK ME . SHE WAS WITH ME ABOUT 5 OR 6 MINUTES. I AM CHANGING DOCTORS THIS MONTH

Uncaring Doctor

Great staff, but uncaring doctor, first time seeing her & recommended to have lab work done in a few months, even though, I have several medical issues. Prescribed medicine & to continue with other medications, before taking them I found out they were duplicated., glad I didn't take it before asking because I would have over dose. I was scheduled for a follow up with her assistant, right then I knew my pcp was always going to be her assistant., not going back.

Horrible Experience