Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Caroline Klein
Dr. Caroline Klein, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Chapel Hill, NC. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Klein is affiliated with University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill, Musc Medical Center and University of North Carolina Hospitals. She speaks English.
Dr. Caroline Klein has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Caroline Klein has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Migraine Disorders
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Multiple System Atrophy
- Neuromuscular Diseases
Dr. Caroline Klein has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Caroline Klein is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
aFTER MANY YEARS OF TRYING WITH NUMEROUSE MDS AND PAIN MANGEMENT SPECIALISTS TO FIND THE CAUSE OF MY PAIN DR. kLEIN WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS SUCCESSFUL IN RELIEVING ME OF IT . tHIS WAS SOME 15 YEARS AGO AT UNC-CH.....SHE HAD JUST ARRIVED FROM THE MAYO CLINIC IN MN. SHE IS GOOD REAL GOOD AND VERY COMPETENT.
Dr. Klein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill
Musc Medical Center
University of North Carolina Hospitals
19 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity North Carolina Campus Health Services, A TAYLOR, Chapel Hill, NC
Dr. Caroline Klein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chapel Hill, NC.