Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Caroline E Merritt-Schiermeyer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Caroline E Merritt-Schiermeyer has the following 11 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Caroline E Merritt-Schiermeyer - Posted on December 19th, 2016
Very efficient, thoughtful and caring. Top grade
Self-verified patient of Dr. Caroline E Merritt-Schiermeyer - Posted on April 23rd, 2015
You could not ask for a better physician that Dr. Merritt, she is through, she takes her time with you no matter how many patients are waiting in the next room. She shows and has a genuine love for the caring of her her patients. I am fortunate to have located her for my PCP. She is Awesome!!!!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
15 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Caroline E Merritt-Schiermeyer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Caroline E Merritt-Schiermeyer
Oklahoma doctor Caroline Merritt-Schiermeyer is a board certified internal medicine physician and practices in Edmond, OK. She attended Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed residency at Tulsa Regional Medical Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. When she's not busy caring for patients, she spends time with her family. She enjoys treating a variety of patients, from diabetes to thyroid patients. "I love living where I work - I enjoy working with my fellow Edmond residents. Having patients take an active role in their health care is something I appreciate.
Locations & DirectionsINTEGRIS GENERAL SURGERY, 1700 Renaissance Blvd, Edmond, OK
Dr. Caroline E Merritt-Schiermeyer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Edmond, OK.